Lee Alan Dugatkin on the world’s cutest science experiment, which transformed wild foxes into cuddlebugs; Ellen Lagemann’s case for college in prisons; and an underground poetry reading promoting this weekend’s March for Science.
Go beyond the episode:
• The Science Stanzas curated by Jane Hirshfield for the March for Science
• Lee Alan Dugatkin and Lyudmila Trut’s How to Tame a Fox
• Ellen Lagemann’s Liberating Minds and the Bard Prison Initiative
• Read more about Stalin’s geneticist henchman, Trofim Lysenko, in our review of Stalin and the Scientists
• Our first subterranean segment, from our third (!) episode
Tune in every two weeks to catch interviews with the liveliest voices from literature, the arts, sciences, history, and public affairs; reports on cutting-edge works in progress; long-form narratives; and compelling excerpts from new books. Hosted by Stephanie Bastek.
Have suggestions for projects you’d like us to catch up on, or writers you want to hear from? Send us a note: podcast [at] theamericanscholar [dot] org.